Home ] [ Our Lights ] [ Who We Are ] [ Join Us ] [ Foundation Merchandise ] [ Photo Gallery ] [ News Archives ] [ Light List ]

Liston Range Rear Light

 

The following facts about the Liston Range Lights are an updated version of the National Park Service’ swebsite, Inventory of Historic Light Stations in Delaware.

 Existing Historic Tower:
(REAR RANGE)

  • Year Light First Lit: 1877
  • Is the Light Operational? YES
  • Date Deactivated: N/A
  • Automated: 1976
  • Foundation Materials: MASONRY
  • Construction Materials: WROUGHT IRON
  • Markings/Patterns: BLACK
  • Shape: PYRAMIDAL SKELETAL W/CYLINDER
  • Relationship to Other Structures: SEPARATE
  • Tower Height: 120
  • Original Optic: SECOND ORDER RANGE, FRESNEL
  • Year Original Lens Installed: 1906
  • Present Optic: SECOND ORDER RANGE FRESNEL
  • Year Present Lens Installed: 1906
  • Height of Focal Plane: 176
  • Fresnel Lens Disposition: range lens remains in lantern
  • Has tower been moved? YES to this site in 1906

Second Tower? YES (FRONT RANGE)

  • Year Tower Constructed: 1906
  • Type: FRAME INTEGRAL
  • Tower Height: 45

Existing Sound Signal Building? NO

Existing Keepers Quarters? YES

  • Year Constructed: 1907
  • Number of Stories: 2
  • Architectural Style: GREEK REVIVAL
  • Construction Materials: FRAME

Other Structures: OIL HOUSE, GARAGE, BARN

Current Use: ACTIVE AID TO NAVIGATION

Owner/Manager: U.S. COAST GUARD owns the tower which is leased and managed by the Delaware River and Bay Lighthouse Foundation.  Other buildings are in private ownership.  OWNERS (OTHER BUILDINGS)

Open to the Public? NO

National Register Status: LISTED; Reference #78000905
Name of Listing: LISTON RANGE REAR LIGHT

HABS/HAER Documentation? YES, DE-10

Miscellaneous:
TOWER FORMERLY SERVED AS PORT PENN RANGE REAR LIGHT AND WAS RELOCATED 1905; FRONT RANGE LIGHT STILL ACTIVE AT 45 FEET

 



2841This web site is maintained by Delaware Quilts